Re-imagine Mission in Wales – 2
in partnership with the South Wales University Chaplaincy and Baptist Partners in Wales
This is a second day conference for the Baptist network of church leaders and those in sector ministries to discern where God might be leading us as we face the challenges and opportunities of mission in the future within Wales as a whole.
As a follow up to the last ‘Reimagine Mission in Wales’ we look to develop some of the themes and talk practically about how the local church can explore missional communities as a form of mission to their local community.
Whilst presentations will be held through the medium of English, we hope that Welsh speakers can discuss together the challenge of mission in Wales to Welsh speakers.
Time: 9:30 pm – 3 pm
Date: Saturday 22nd October 2016
Venue: The Meeting House, Chaplaincy Centre, Treforest Campus,
South Wales University. Pontypridd. CF37 1DL
The day will include stories of partnership and new mission opportunities since our last gathering. There will be an opportunity to attend two out of the four seminars below.
If possible, please indicate your choice of seminars when you book.
Doing Mission through Missional Communities
Starting and growing missional communities from the local church.
- How might we go about reaching an area of housing or neighbours?
- What does a missional community look like?
- How does it connect with and relate to the local church?
- Who do we send?
The Inner life of a missional community
Sharing Life Together: Authentic Disciple making Community
- How does a missional community worship together?
- What sustains the life of the community?
- How does mission flow out of worship and being in Christ?
- Where do unchurched people fit within a worshipping community?
Training for Pioneering Mission – Equipped to Explore
How can we equip people in our churches to engage in mission?
- Where to find help in equipping people to think missionally?
- What training options are available?
- What do the different courses available offer and what suits my context?
Creative ways of funding Missional Community
Creative mission often requires creative funding and support.
- Can mission generate its own financial resource?
- Mission without the heavy weight structures
- Re-imagining buildings and spaces for mission in 21st
- Accessing capital grants for building work where required.
Please ensure that you register your attendance.
Online registration: http://missionwales2.eventbrite.co.uk
Email: Nick Bradshaw firstname.lastname@example.org
Simeon Baker email@example.com
Tel: 029 20491366 Jackie Godding
Cost: £5 which will include lunch – payable on the day.